The easiest way to create Helm chart for a simple app with services and ingress controller is to use the Helm CLI and chart templates. Here are the steps:
- Install Helm CLI: You can install Helm CLI using the package manager for your operating system.
- Create a chart directory: You can create a chart directory by running the command
helm create mychart.
- Add application deployment files: In the chart directory, you can add the deployment files, such as YAML files, for your application.
- Add services: You can add services to expose the application by adding YAML files in the chart directory.
- Add ingress controller: You can add an ingress controller by adding the appropriate YAML files in the chart directory.
- Define values: You can define values for the chart by creating a values.yaml file in the chart directory.
- Package the chart: You can package the chart by running the command
helm package mychart.
- Install the chart: You can install the chart by running the command
helm install mychart.
By following these steps, you can create a simple Helm chart for your application with services and ingress controller.
You can check my previous post on creating YAML files – How to create Kubernetes deployment YAML files?