Here’s another thing I tried this weekend. How often do you receive multiple emails asking you to do or follow up on something and we forget about some of them? Well here is an answer for you. Just create a quick Azure logic app and you’re done. This should not take you more than 15 minutes. Fingers crossed!
Create a Logic App that monitors a specific email address and automatically creates a task in a project management tool like Microsoft To-Do, Trello or Asana whenever an email is received. Here’s how it could work:
- Use the Office 365 Outlook connector to monitor the specified email address for new emails.
- When a new email is detected, use the “Parse Email” action to extract the relevant information from the email such as the sender, subject, and body.
- Use “If” condition to check if the email is from a specific sender and contains a specific subject or keyword, if so, proceed to create a task.
- Use the project management tool connector to create a new task with the information extracted from the email, such as the sender’s name as the task assignee, and the subject and body as the task’s description.
- Use the “send an email” action to send a confirmation email to the sender that the task has been created.
This automation can be useful for people who handle a lot of emails and need to quickly create tasks from them. It can be customized to suit your needs, like adding more conditions or actions, or even triggering the logic app based on certain keywords in the body of the email.